Time for another blog with Jenny- be sure to check out her blog here
This time we decided to write about our top 5 favorite songs right now. My top songs change like everyday depending on what comes on my i-pod and what I am in the mood for listening to……so these are for today and probably will be different tomorrow:
(in no particular order)
- Let us Love by NEEDTOBREATHE: This is a great song……love the sound of it. And, the lead singer has an amazing voice. I love almost every song by NEEDTOBREATHE- they are one of my favorites. Lyric Excerpt “Every heart has an hour of existence, every breath brings a chance for redemption”
- Flowers in your Hair by The Lumineers: Just a happy tune to listen to!
- The Church by Elevation Worship: This is a great song that is a challenge to me about the existence and purpose of the Church. Lyrics Excerpt: “We are the change, the world is waiting for, we’ve got a love the world is desperate for” “We’re not afraid, we will abandon all to hear your name, on lips across the world, we will run in the wake of your love”
- For the Honor by Elevation Worship: I love this song, the lyrics, the music, everything about it.
- Cornerstone by Hillsong Live: I so appreciate Hillsong’s music, and I love this song. Christ alone is our cornerstone. Lyric Excerpt: “My hope is built on nothing less, than Jesus blood and righteousness, I dare not trust the sweetest frame, but wholly trust in Jesus name” “Christ alone, the cornerstone, the weak made strong in the Savior’s love, through the storm, He is Lord, Lord of all!”
If you happen to need any song recommendations right now….well- there you go!