Yes….today is 12-12-12. And, I think that is a profound date….therefore I will write 12 things today:
- I ate guacamole for dinner which was delicious. (It took me like 6 tries to be able to spell that correctly fyi)
- Just got off of a skype date with my sister Sarah….which was lovely! So thankful to be able to talk to my bosom friend even though I live half-way around the world from her!
- STILL enjoying Michael Buble’s Christmas album immensely.
- Today we did some school and then took the kids to go to a Christmas party for all the kids at the church….it was like a bbq, and there was a bouncing water slide thing there for the kids to play on….so did not seem like a Christmas party…..more like 4th of July- but o well! They had a good time!
- Last night I went with Jane and another girl who is here in Uganda for a short time to eat Ugandan food at a local restaurant after spending the whole afternoon visiting the Baby Homes. The food was delicious and it was a fun experience to do that!
- My hair is still doing good in the braids….it really is a fun switch. The only bad thing is that it’s getting pretty itchy…..
- My favorite song currently is: “Love so High” by Hillsong. I am amazed at God’s love for us. I am humbled by how much He loves us…and encouraged.
- Jane and I are leaving for Kenya in just a few days…..going to renew my visa and to ride back with another girl who is in Kenya right now working against FGM (female genital mutilation) to be here in Uganda for Christmas. I am excited for the adventure!
- Only 13 days until Christmas!
- I am realizing being here in Africa how much I actually appreciate punctuality. That is not really on people’s top priorities here…..things almost always happen much later than is originally said. And, although I think that the US could maybe stand to become a little more flexible in things…I think that there is something to be said for starting things on time! I kinda miss it!
- I am so very thankful for a firm place to stand In Christ! There are often moments here when I just have to sigh and say “This is Africa”…..so having a God that is unchanging and totally sure is such an encouragement to me.
- Coming up on the end of the year….I have been thinking back on what some of my goals for this year were and how I have done in that…..Also- remembering how encouraging my verse that I chose for this year has been to me. At every bend in the road it has seemed to bring encouragement to me and the knowledge that God totally has things under control!
“For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are my ways your ways. As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.” Isaiah 55:8-9