As Thanksgiving is coming up this week and I have been thinking about it- my prayer is that God would really be showing me just how much I have to be thankful for. Some things are so obvious to see and some things I know I take for granted. But, I am praying that I would be able to see things that I haven’t been thinking of that I really do have to be thankful for. God is so good!
Here are a few things that I can see right now that I am thankful for: (in no particular order)
- My family….each and every one of them. They are blessings in my life.
- Music……so much good encouraging music to listen to. Thankful for my guitar and for the ability to play music as well.
- My church (here and back in Ogallala). Such a blessing and encouragement. And especially thankful for my small group within the Canopy church body. Great people who have truly appreciate and am grateful for!
- A warm and cozy house!
- Provision of daily needs….food, water, money, etc.
- Each and everyone of my little babies in the nursery. Love them all!
- The Sovereignty of our sweet Savior. He knows, cares, provides, loves, protects, holds, and best of all…..desires a relationship with each of us!
I pray that for all of us, we can see many things this week that we have to be thankful for.
God has given us so much…..Remember- We are blessed to be a blessing! May we not hold onto what we have been given…but rather hold it with an open hand trusting the Lord to provide as we seek to meet the needs of others.