Can’t believe that it’s December 12th already!!! Craziness! I’m just going to do a quick update post….here it goes!
- 8 days till I go home!
- 4 days till I go to Iowa for Aaron and Rachel’s wedding!
- Only 5 days of school left for this semester.
- Last weekend we had our first snow….
- We had a Christmas Rummage outreach here at school last Sunday. It was an awesome opportunity to serve the community as people donated toys and clothes that people who couldn’t afford to buy gifts could come and shop for. We had a ton of people helping out, Christmas games, cookies, facepainting, family photos, gift wrapping, etc. were all provided! So, that was exciting, and neat that we had such a good turnout.
- This past week has been another crazy one being so busy with work and all.
- On Friday night, I went to Molly’s house with some of my friends and we watched Anne of Avonlea……So good!
- Last night, we had our open house here at school….it was really fun to have everyone come and visit our room and to go and see the guys dorm and go to all the staff houses. My roommates and I spent a lot of the day doing end-of-semester cleaning and just generally straightening everything up.
- Today it’s pretty much a blizzard here…..So, I decided not to go to church, but to just work on homework and stuff. I have to work a lot again this week, so it will be good to get ahead of things.
Anywho, for now, that’s really all that I have to say! Christmas is less than 2 weeks away!!! Such a beautiful time of year! And, the coolest thing is that it really is just a commemoration for us as believers to remember that Jesus stepped down from Heaven in order to fully identify with man and to ultimately pay the price for our sin. Such a beautiful act of grace. Remember Christ this season!
“For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on His shoulders, and He will be called, Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.” ~Isaiah 9:6